Planning a fundraiser and making it successful are two completely different things. There are many small details that go into planning a fundraiser, beginning with where it will be hosted to how many people you plan on inviting. When you think about each small detail, it can be stressful thinking about how you can market your event as well. Before you jump right in, here are a few ways that can give you a jumpstart on marketing your event.
1. Create a Facebook page. A page that can be liked and shared by those attending is a great way to spread the word. You can also utilize the page to post updates, and even use it as a tool to have guests enter a drawing if they attend.
2. Let local news channels know about your event. Provide newspapers, radio stations, television stations and magazines with detailed information about your event and request coverage.
3. Print and post fliers. It may seem like archaic, but there are tons of places where you can post fliers, including libraries, local businesses, post offices, schools, grocery stores and more. If you decide to post fliers, you won’t even have to bother with postage.
4. Invite friends and family and encourage them to spread the word through a Facebook event. The Internet, especially social media, is a great advertising venue, but be careful not to bombard your friends with event invites if they are likely not to attend. Facebook events are also a great way to gauge the guest list.
5. If you can get a local business to participate, including restaurants that could provide food, they can help promote the event to guests by handing out or posting fliers in their place of business.
6. Word of mouth marketing is a very powerful thing. Encourage friends, family and co-workers to spread the word. Make sure to include enticing details, like raffles or free food. It’s a fairly effective (and free!) marketing strategy.
Don’t stress out about marketing your event. With a great event management team, you can ensure you’ll host a fundraiser that will encourage guests to come back next year. At Fun Planners, our event management team can help you plan the perfect fundraiser that will help reach and exceed your fundraising goals.